About the Congress – London Chapter
The objectives for which the Congress was established.
- To provide a network of solidarity for Black Women of South-Western Ontario and to be a united voice in the defense and extension of human rights and liberties of Black Women of Canada.
- To foster a climate in which it is acceptable for Black Women to openly examine the issues which affect them and their families.
- To plan and implement a program of service and action geared to the needs of Black Women of South-Western Ontario
- To provide a dynamic forum for the Black Women of South-Western Ontario to discuss those issues that are relevant to them and to develop the situations to bring about constructive change.
- To constantly re-examine objectives and purpose, and adjust our efforts accordingly.
Individual membership in the Congress shall be:
- Open to all Black Women, sixteen (16) years of age and older
- Membership in the London Chapter of Congress, upon payment of the required fees, is automatically affiliated with the Ontario Region of the Congress and with the National Congress of Black Women of Canada.